When you contact Angel Eyes Photography, you are contacting me, Hilda Burke. This is a one-woman show, people!
The first thing you should know is that I hate talking on the phone. You too? We’re a match made in heaven! I’m busy at shoots and editing photos, you’re busy planning your wedding and living your life. So let’s do the formalities over email and then meet in real life. For the record, I’ll respond lightning fast to your email.
I digress…. you’ve come to the About Me page because I suppose you want to learn more “about me.” So here goes.
· I’m the woman behind the camera! I’m passionate about photography and capturing the real you. My goal is to draw out and nurture your true personality, and document those magical moments full of love, emotion, and excitement!
· I love weddings! Traditional church weddings, nerdy weddings, same-sex weddings, beach weddings…. I love them all! Nothing makes me happier than celebrating love. And I love making you look amazing on your big day!
· Handling wedding craziness is my superpower. I know how to handle your overbearing Aunt Gladys and your drunk Uncle Bob. I can even handle the frat boy groomsmen your fiancé just can’t quit. I’m firm and can take charge when needed, but I with a smile and sometimes a smirk. I know when to let the moments unfold naturally...and to capture them.
· I love animals. I have a dog and a cat (both rescues) that I love very much. I donate to local no-kill shelters. I’m the person who says hello to your dog when you walk down the street. I especially love shelter animals—and the people who adopt them. If you want to include your fur baby in your photos, I’ll probably smother it with love and die happy.
· I love movies. My favorites are random, but truthfully, so am I. The Princess Bride, Some Like it Hot, and Pulp Fiction are some of my favorites...But to be honest I end up watching reality shows on Netflix most of the time ;) Although I’ve been called a workaholic, I really do enjoy my down time. When I’m not creating art, I’m a social media junkie and enjoy spending time with my family and my wine...or beer ;)
· I make it FUN! I get your most camera-shy bridesmaid to cut loose. I make the most reserved couples feel comfortable and maybe even a tiny bit adventurous. This may be because I know what it’s like to be uncomfortable when people are looking at you. Or…it could also be that my tendency towards colorful language sometimes sneaks out when you least expect it. At the very least, I’ll make you laugh!